Monday, August 12, 2013

Nice and Hot Men of NA: Nate from Picture Perfect


Here I am again! I'm working through my reading list of "nice" NA heroes, and today I've got a great one for you: Nate from Alessandra Thomas's Picture Perfect.



Unlike so many of our NA heroes, Nate isn't really tortured or wounded. Sure, he's got his own story, and it's not all sunshine and rainbows, but he's pretty much got it together and knows what he likes--including Cat Mitchell, his heroine.

Nate is easygoing, and though he can be fierce in defense and support of Cat, he isn't overbearing or disempowering. Just as an example, when he confronts a dude who's wronged Cat, he doesn't immediately jump to using his fists. I think some women like the idea of a guy who's going to throw down on their behalf, but I personally like a man whose responses in an emotional situation are powered more by his prefrontal cortex than his amygdala.

Whew. Just got a little nerdy there. Sorry.

If you like a hero who's nice with capital N (oh ... also, with washboard abs, amazing thighs, a rock-hard chest, and phenomenal stamina), who is a terrific cook and thinks his heroine is the most breathtakingly beautiful thing on two legs, then Nate is the guy for you, and Picture Perfect is definitely one I'd recommend! I so enjoyed this book.

Have you read Picture Perfect? Do you agree with me about Nate? Any other recommendations for my reading list?

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this book. It's near the top of my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, my darling! I like a guy who's nice and hot too! <3

    ReplyDelete