Friday, June 28, 2013

SPIRAL Teaser 2!

Nessa is determined to stay focused  and avoid any emotional involvement ...
 

“How was it?” Lisa asks.

My hands fall away from my face. “What?"

She looks at me sternly over the top of her glasses. “Your date.”

“I don’t know if I’d call it that. It was just dinner. And … I probably won’t do it again.” I don’t want people to think I’m more focused on my social life than my work. And I don’t want to like Aron any more than I already do.
 
Lisa’s eyes narrow as she watches my expression. “Fine. It was just dinner,” she says slowly, “and you probably won’t do it again. But tell me about it. Was he a jerk? Did he—”
 
“It was amazing,” I blurt. “I haven’t enjoyed myself that much in a long time.”
 
“You poor thing. It sounds awful.”
 
“It might have been the first conversation I’ve ever had with a guy that didn’t contain more awkward pauses than words.”
 
“It must have been torture,” she says, her lips twitching. “I can see why you wouldn’t want to do that more than once. I imagine he’s a terrible kisser as well."
 
I can’t hide my smile as I think about Aron. “Don’t even get me started on that.”

Add it to Goodreads here.

I'll post another teaser on Monday, and once again, here's a link to the sign up for the "Always do the thing that scares you" blogfest. It's easy to participate (all you have to do is post about a time you intentionally did something that scared you in order to get over the fear or because you knew it was good for you), and there's a giveaway!



No comments:

Post a Comment